Backflow Prevention & Testing
Alliance Plumbing will ensure that you comply with regulations.
A backflow prevention device is used to protect potable (drinking) water supplies from contamination or pollution due to backflow. Alliance Plumbing are licensed plumbers that are able to test and install backflow preventers to ensure that any contamination from your supply is not flowing into the local Brisbane water supply system.
You may have a backflow prevention device fitted on your property if you have any of the following:
- An irrigation system
- Fire hose reels or hydrants
- A commercial or industrial activity or machinery connected to the mains
- Water outlets in proximity to pollutants, grease traps or chemicals
- An underground rainwater tank that has mains water backup
If you have a testable backflow prevention device on your property it must be tested annually and the test results forwarded to Brisbane City Council. Reduced pressure zone, double check and some single check valves are testable backflow prevention devices.
Council issues annual reminder notices to prompt owners of premises where testable devices have been installed to arrange testing.
Call Alliance Plumbing for a quote on backflow testing, installation, repairs and servicing. We are fully licensed and complying with all industry standards.
We are able to offer all backflow services including:
- Backflow Prevention Test Inspection and Maintenance report
- Installation of backflow devices/valves
- Repairs to back flow installations
- Liaison with your local Council
Alliance Plumbing service the entire Brisbane area, so if you need to have your backflow device checked give our team of licensed plumbers a call today or complete the form on the right.