Water Efficiency Certificate
When you’re preparing to rent out your premises, as the landlord, there are numerous factors to consider. One important point is to ensure you’re able to pass on the full cost of water consumption to your tenant. The simplest way to be able to do this is to contact Alliance Plumbing and attain a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD.
Water charging as stated by the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority)
Property managers/owners are allowed to pass on the full cost of water consumption, provided:
- the rental property is individually metered (or water is delivered by vehicle), and
- the rental property is water efficient, and
- the tenancy agreement states the tenant must pay for water consumption
How to know if you have a Water Efficient Property
Rental properties are considered water efficient if certain water fixtures meet the standards listed below:
- All internal cold water taps, except those serving a bath, are to deliver a maximum of 9 litres of water per minute.
- Shower heads are to have a maximum flow rate of 9 litres per minute.
- Toilets are to be dual flush, with the maximum flush volume of the full flush to be 6.5 litres, the maximum for the half flush being 3.5 litres and a maximum average flush volume of 4 litres (based on the average of 1 full flush and 4 half flushes).
Alliance Plumbing can ensure you meet the minimum water efficient standards required by inspecting your property’s plumbing and updating where necessary.
To obtain a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD, we can assist by taking some simple steps such as:
- upgrading tapware and outlets &/or
- installing flow restricting aerators &/or
- installing flow restrictor fittings behind the spouts &/or
- installing flow restrictors in the tap
- completing all documentation
Important note about water charges for Landlords
Property managers/owners will receive the water bill and should provide their tenants with a copy or evidence of water consumption to verify the amount to being charged. Tenants will not be billed directly by water supply authorities and must be given 1 month to pay any water bill after receiving the notice from the property manager/owner.
Alliance Plumbing service the entire Brisbane area. If you require any further information or to book a water efficiency inspection please call us or complete the form below.