Why Get a Water Efficiency Certificate (Qld) for your rental property?
Quite simply, getting a Water Efficiency Certificate through Alliance Plumbing you can pass on the full cost of water consumption to your tenants which can save you thousands of dollars over the life of your investment property. However, there are strict guidelines provided by the RTA (Residential Tenancy Authority) that must be followed, which include –
- Water consumption charges are to be paid by the tenant must be stated on the lease agreement
- The property must have an individual water meter
- The house or unit must be water efficient
- The landlord must pay for all fixed charges
Alliance Plumbing can assist you with reviewing your property’s current water efficiency standard to advise if you qualify for a Water Efficiency Certificate. They can also recommend any upgrades that will increase the water efficiency, this will assist with obtaining a Water Efficiency Certificate. The government is encouraging all homeowners to be water-wise to reduce the use of this precious resource for future generations. For more information on government recommendations and to check if there are any rebates available to you as a landlord visit the Government energy website.
The 5 main ways you can decrease the water consumption at your property is
- Limited the flow on cold water taps and shower heads to 9 litres per minute
- Have water restricted dual flush toilets
- Collect water in rainwater tanks
- Purchase water-efficient appliances
- Fixing any leaking or faulty outlets
Talk to Alliance plumbing about water saving initiatives for your investment. For Brisbane Southside, Ph 3397 2030, Brisbane Northside, Ph 3868 3585 or click here for more information on Water Efficiency Certificates.